Saturday 23 July 2011

Plan for Film Magazine Front Cover

I have come up with the name LCA (Lights, Camera, Action) for my magazine as I felt it was a name that would work well. I came up with it by thinking of things that relate to movies. I thought lights camera action worked best as a name, but thought it would look too long as a masthead. Therefore I shortened it to LCA as this will fit on the cover well and is also more catchy. I wanted a different masthead that stood out against the rest, so this was what I came up with:



Here is a sketch of the image I want to use for my cover. I really liked the way in the Empire cover Harry Potter was reaching out, so I incorporated this in by having her hand stretch out trying not to be pulled away. I will take this at a low level so I can acheive this. I also want to have blood on her hands (look at organisation of props) to add to the horror effect and also fit in with the colour scheme I am thinking of for my magazine which is red, white and grey.


Here is a layout plan for my magazine cover. I will probably have to make some changes when I actually make my magazine cover in order to see how things look with the image, but these layouts are some general ideas of what I'm aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment