Saturday 9 July 2011

Plan for Film Poster

For my poster I want to include text that is the titles from my trailer to create dramatic effect, like on the REC/Quarantine posters. I think this will work well as it will help draw attention to my poster. Below I have also come up with a sketch of the photograph I am going to aim to take. I want an image that is subtle but frightening, as I feel this is the best way to create fear.



Here are some other sketches of other ideas I had that I dont think I will go with as I don't feel they will work as well.



Here I have created a layout plan for where I might place everything on my poster. Although this is a simple layout, from my research I feel that it works well and is easier to display information clearly. This layout is commonly used for film posters, but I thought I would stick with it rather than giving my poster a very different layout that may not get information across as clearly or work with my image idea.
I also came up with another layout idea that I think would work with the image I want to take and use but I dont think this will work as well. Although this layout would probably look good in terms of compostion and fitting with the image, I think the text may look crammed and I might not be able to fit everything I want to fit in. It also means I will have to make the text smaller to fit the on side of the wall (see drawing above) and I will have a blank space where the other side of the wall is. However I might try doing this, just to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment