Thursday 13 October 2011

Plans For Final Versions

Teaser Trailer
I have decided to re-film my teaser trailer to get better quality shots. I think I also need to make it longer as it's quite short, as stated in my audience feedback. I also need to include a green band and institutional refernces which I planned to do anyway but didn't put them in my draft version. I also want to change the script slightly to introduce a different opening shot that I feel will work a lot better. I also feel my trailer needs more sound. I didn't want to have a lot of sound because I wanted to make it more sinister like the REC teaser trailer, but I feel I should have quiet droning sounds in the background to build tension and to join the clips together as they seemed to have quite a harsh division of between sounds, going from quiet in the titles to louder in the shots. I will keep the night vision effect as from my audience feedback I found that people liked this, but I don't want it to be as green as I felt this was too much.

Poster
I didn't get many bad points about my poster and I don't feel I should make many changes as I'm quite happy with it. Some people said that the full stop was too far away from "RUN" which I completely agree with. This was because of the type face I used. I want to keep the type face but I will use a different one for the full stop in or to move it closer as the spacing is very wide on the punctuation for this particular type face. Some people also mentioned I had no institutional logos or rating, which I will also put in as I feel this is extremely nessercary. I have also decided to experiment with adding some fuzzy lines on the poster to suggest it is a screenshot from "real footage" which I notices most of the film poster from this genre had.

Magazine Cover
For my final magazine poster I need to make a few adjustments to the layout as quite a few people commented on that fact it "didn't look right" and that the cover line wasn't as bovious as it should have been or close enough to the girl. Some people made sugegstions on where to move things which was helpful, so I will use this advice to move my sell lines as cover lines to places more appropriate. From my audience feedback I also found that some people thought the circle flash I had in the top right corner needed to be smaller as it was too intrusive and taking up space, so I am going to resize it which should improve my design. People said they liked the photograph I used and my masthead, so I am not going to make any changes to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment