Saturday 24 September 2011

Making My Magazine Cover Draft

I started making my magazine cover my adjusting my chosen image. I changed the settings on smart photo fix to take down the brightness, darken the shadows and mute the colour which I felt gave the image more of a "horror look". 

I wanted to make the background black so you can't see at all what's behind her. I used the burn tool to darken the background therefore making the image look exactly how I wanted it.

I added the masthead in the top left corner as I had planned it, but I felt that it needed something to be added as it looked too boring.

I therefore added a clap board behind the text and make it slightly transparent so it wasn't so intrusive. I felt this really added to my masthead. I then also added a flash with a lure in it and some film to add to the theme of the magazine.

I also added two more sell lines as I had planned. I highlighted certain words in red to fit in with my planned colour scheme and also to attract the audience's attention. 

To finish off the magazine I added the cover line and a bar-code with issue number and date.

No comments:

Post a Comment