Sunday 14 August 2011

Organisation of Props

The only prop I am going to need is fake blood which I will use in my photo shoot, particularly for the magazine cover photos, but not for my teaser trailer as I want to keep the horror subtle but frightening. I feel that the use of blood appeals to the horror genre because of the obvious reason of gore. It is used a lot in horror films and in my opinion is a staple prop. In my photos for my magazine cover, I want to cover her hands in it as I explained in my plan and get her to drag her fingers along to floor to give the lines of blood as if she is trying not to get dragged away, which I think will really support the horror genre. I will also see what it looks like in my photos for the poster too as it might make the photos look more effective and add to the effect of fear. After experimenting with ketchup, water and red and black food colouring I achieved what I wanted. Below is a video of how I made the fake blood that I'm going to use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment