Saturday 11 June 2011

Research in to Soundtracks - Candyman



This soundtrack sounds like classical music but with an disturbing underlying theme. It reminds me of music played from a music box which is strange and scary. It soundtrack just consists of piano until the choir starts which in my opinion doesn't work because it makes the music sound positive. However I think if it were to be paired with the disturbing shots of the film it would contrast in a way that would really work. I like the use of the simplistic piano in this soundtrack and I think the choir music could create a threatening feel, but because it is happy I don't think it works as well as it could. However as I mentioned before, the contrast with the shots in the film could make the music sound disturbing because it is inappropriate for the horrific plot line. Horror soundtracks quite often use this, but I still feel the music is too happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment